Smart Tutor’s Geometry curriculum is designed to help students learn to analyze characteristics and properties of geometric shapes and use visualization, spatial reasoning, and geometric modeling to solve problems. Richly animated, audio-supported lessons help all students including English Language Learners ( ESOL / ESL / ELL ), Struggling Students and Special Needs master key skills including the ability to:
- Identify, compare, classify and analyze attributes of two-and three-dimensional shapes and develop vocabulary to describe the attributes
- Investigate, describe, and analyze the results of subdividing, combining, and transforming shapes
- Explore congruence, similarity and symmetry
- Describe location and movement using common language and geometric vocabulary
- Find the distance between points along horizontal and vertical lines of a coordinate system
- Predict and describe the results of sliding, flipping, and turning two-dimensional shapes
- Identify and describe a three-dimensional object from two-dimensional representations of that object and vice versa
- Use geometric models to solve problems in other areas of mathematics, such as number and measurement
Geometry Sample Lessons
Play a coloring game with Izzy and explore 2D shapes.
Explore symmetry with Kiki and Izzy.
Practice combining and dividing 2D shapes with Ms. Betty and Simon.
Explore locations on a grid with Mandy.
Play a grid board game with Jermaine and explore transformations.
Help Raliegh uncover the lost temple by plotting ordered pairs on the grid.