Smart Tutor’s Measurement curriculum is designed to help students learn measurable attributes of objects and the units, systems, processes, techniques and tools of measurement. Richly animated, audio-supported lessons help all students including English Language Learners ( ESOL / ESL / ELL ), Struggling Students and Special Needs master key skills including the ability to:
- Identify attributes such as length, area, weight, volume, and size of angle and select the appropriate type of unit and tools for measuring each attribute
- Understand the need for measuring with standard units and become familiar with standard units and simple unit conversions in the customary and metric systems
- Understand that measurements are approximations and how differences in units affect precision
- Select and use benchmarks to estimate measurements and to make comparisons
- Develop, understand, and use formulas to find the area of rectangles and related triangles and parallelograms
Measurement Sample Lessons
Spend a day with Jamar and learn about time.
Learn about money with Natalia at the pet store.
Practice counting money with Carlos at the pet store.
Practice measuring weight at the county fair.
Practice measuring everyday object with the ruler tool.
Help Dudley Dog find his buried treasures and practice measuring angles.